I just couldn’t resist borrowing this one off the net:
An older lady visited a church one day. The usher greeted her at the door and helped her up the stairs. “Where do you want to sit?” he politely asked.
- “On the front row, if you don’t mind.” she answered.
- “You really don’t want to do that”, the usher said. “The pastor is really boring.”
- “Do you happen to know who I am?” the woman inquired.
- “No ma’am.” he said.
- “I’m the pastor’s mother,” she replied in an aggravated manner.
- “Do you know who I am?” he then asked with a grin.
- “No.” she said, still aggravated.
- “Good”, he answered and then left the building.