Do you realize that your Christian life is a series of choices, and that reading Gods Word, and living your spiritual life is a discipline? It’s a progression of the following stages:
- Accepting the Lord Jesus Christ as your “personal” Savior. Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
- Obeying the Lord in Believers Baptism. Romans 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
- Keeping yourself in church and in the company of Gods people. Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
- Living what James calls pure and undefiled religion. James 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
- Showing your love for Jesus. John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
I’ll leave you with this. Works don’t save you, but your salvation is accompanied by works: James 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? So: Philippians 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Everything mentioned above is your choice and no one else can make those choices for you but you. So choose to do what’s right, live for God, and don’t let the flesh hinder you. James 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.