- Too many couples marry for better, or for worse, but not for good.
- If a man has enough horse sense to treat his wife like a thoroughbred, she will never turn into an old nag.
- When a man marries a woman, they become one; but the trouble starts when they try to decide which one.
- Many girls like to marry a military man – he can cook, sew, and make beds, and is in good health, and he’s already used to taking orders.
- Whether a man winds up with a nest egg, or a goose egg, depends a lot on the kind of chick he marries.
- Trouble in marriage often starts when a man gets so busy earnin’ his salt, that he forgets his sugar.
Ah, being young is beautiful, but being old is comfortable.