- Exodus 20:14: Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Drinking & getting drunk:
- Proverbs 20:1 Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.
- Proverbs 13:11 Wealth gotten by vanity shall be diminished: but he that gathereth by labour shall increase.
- Proverbs 11:12 He that is void of wisdom despiseth his neighbour: but a man of understanding holdeth his peace. 11:13 A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter.
Laying out of Church:
- Hebrews 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Long hair on a man:
- 1st Corinthians 11:14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
Long hair on a woman:
- 1st Corinthians 11:15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.
- Exodus 20:13 Thou shalt not kill
- Proverbs 23:21 For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty: and drowsiness shall clothe a man with rags.
Paying your bills:
- Matthew 5:25 Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison
- Matthew 5:27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
Reading the Bible:
- 2nd Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
- James 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.
- 3 types of sin:
- Imputed sin – Sin charged to the account of; attributed; ascribed.
- Inherited sin – Sin received by descent from an ancestor; possessed.
- Personal sin – Those committed with personal knowledge that they are sin.
- 3 types of sin:
Stealing or being a thief:
- Exodus 20:15 Thou shalt not steal
Suffering in the name of the Lord:
- Matthew 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. 5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
- Leviticus 19:28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord.