This page drove my spell checker crazy!!!
- Ain’t = Is not.
- All Mighty = God the Father
- Alright = Okay, fine or well.
- Brethren = Those fellow males who are Born Again Christians.
- Betcha = I’d stake my life on it.
- Born Again = Accepting the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal Savior.
- Brother = See BRETHREN.
- Brush Pile University = Old country term for finding a secluded place to learn from the Lord.
- Bunch = Usually refers to a group or groups of people with a certain idea.
- Cain’t = See KAIN’T.
- Contraption = A machine, most commonly used to define my computer or my car.
- Consarn = An expression of disgust.
- Cornbread and beans = A feast.
- Dad Burn it = An expression of exasperation.
- Dog Gone It = An expression of frustration.
- Drekly = Directly or very soon.
- Err = Error or having a misconception.
- Finer than Frogs Hair = I’m doing well, thank you kindly.
- Flop = A failure of some sort.
- Folks = A term of endearment for a group or groups of people.
- Fool = Someone who ain’t got the sense God gave a goose.
- Psalms 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
- Fortnight = Two weeks, 14 days.
- Gal = Usually referring to a younger Sister in Christ Jesus.
- Get Right = Accepting the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal Savior. ie: Getting your heart right. (Ask the Parson about Getting Right.)
- Handy as a Hay Rake = Useful.
- Hankerin = A desire.
- Holy Ghost Conviction = A strong belief given to us by the Holy Spirit of God.
- Hunkey Dorey = Everything will work out fine.
- Idiot = See FOOL.
- Joy = A gift of the Holy Spirit. What we are supposed to have in our salvation. (No Joy??? Ask the Lord for it. He’ll give it. See the Parson for details!)
- Jerk = Junior Educated Rich Kid. A smarty pants.
- Kain’t = See CAIN’T. (Ever feel like you were running in circles?) Can’t or unable to comply.
- Keeled over = Past away, died, ceased to exist on this earth.
- Knuckle Head = Someone who doesn’t give much thought to situations or dilemmas. (Not meant in a derogatory or bad way.)
- Larnin = Learning or education.
- LOL = Laugh Out Loud, used in the chat to show something was funny.
- Ma’am = A signification of respect towards a lady. (Makes no reference to age.)
- Master, the = The Lord Jesus Christ.
- Nigh = Near or close.
- No moss growin under my Feet = I am staying busy!
- Now you’re a cookin with butter (or grease) = You have grasped the idea and you understand the situation.
- Omni = All or every.
- Papist = Someone who is a follower of the catholic pope.
- Parson = Olde English term originally coined for a Baptist preacher.
- Past Away = Usually referring to a Saint dying and going home to be with the Lord.
- Pedo-Baptist = A denomination which practices infant baptism.
- Plow Stuck in a Rut = Not feeling well or being depressed.
- Plumb = Defiantly or right on the mark.
- Prayer Warrior = A high office in the Parsons Corner Ministries. One who is entrusted with the prayer requests of others.
- Quirky = Full of errors.
- Rascal = Someone who is sneaky. Most times used as a jest or pun.
- Reckon = To think or ponder on something.
- Proof that the Apostle Paul was a Southerner. Romans 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
- Roastnear = An ear of corn. Roasting Ear.
- ROFL = Rolling On The Floor Laughing, used in the chat to show something was extreemly funny.
- Rough Row to Hoe = Something hard to do.
- Scalawag = Someone who isn’t honest.
- Sir = A signification of respect towards a fellow man. (Makes no reference to age intended.)
- Sis = An acknowledgement of a Sister in Christ Jesus.
- Sissy = An acknowledgement of a Sister in Christ Jesus.
- Skin me alive = Reprimand.
- Soder In = To take your time reaching a place or destination.
- Spect = Expect, ie I expect.
- Sure nuff = I agree with you.
- Them Thar = Those over there or a certain group of items.
- Uh-Oh = Signifies just realizing a problem.
- Vittles = Derived from Old English (Victuals), Food.
- Where the Bear Sits = This is where I am telling you I have a firm belief.
- Whoops = Signifying a mistake was made.
- Xtree = Extra or surplus.
- Ya’ll = Every one of you or All of you folks.
- Younguns = Young ones, most folks younger than me.
- You’ns = See YA’LL.
- Yup = Yes
- Zoo = What we have in the chats or message board some times!